Affinity Legacy Community Grant Program
Affinity Legacy is carrying on the legacy upon which Affinity Heath Plan was founded: to improve the health and well-being of the people in the communities we serve.
To establish an enduring legacy, we created a Community Grant Program to provide grants to eligible organizations that provide services to people within Affinity’s 10-county service area.
We’ve always worked with – and valued the partnership and contributions of – those whose work enhances the lives of people in underserved communities. It is that spirit of collaboration and compassion that we believe will provide a better future for those who need us most.
If you are affiliated with an organization we can entrust to make a lasting, positive difference in our communities, we encourage you to apply now.
Qualifying for a grant
To apply for a one-time grant under our program, an organization must:
- Be registered as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or provide documentation of current fiscal sponsorship.
- Have purposes consistent with Affinity’s mission “to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve.”
- Operate programs within Affinity’s 10-county service area – Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Orange, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk, and Westchester.
- Not have received funding from any other component of the Affinity charitable asset distribution.
Our funding amounts & priorities
Our current grant amounts range from $25,000 to $1 million. The amount is based upon the strength and scale of the organization, as well as its alignment with the requirements of the grant program..
The Affinity Legacy Grant Program is dedicated to supporting organizations working in the following areas:
Mental health – programs focused on the treatment, prevention, rehabilitation and / or educational services for the purpose of maintaining or improving the mental health of underserved individuals or communities.
Food insecurity – programs to address the lack of consistent access to enough food for every person in a household to live an active, healthy life.
Formerly incarcerated individuals – programs to support formerly incarcerated individuals’ re-entry and re-integration to life in the community (from prison, jail or juvenile justice facilities).
Consumer health education and workforce advancement – programs focused on helping individuals and families in underserved communities make informed choices when choosing and using health care services and on strengthening the health workforce through training and skill development.
We are eager to learn if our funding can support the work of your organization. So, please take note of the following:
- Letters of Intent (LOI) must be submitted by April 15, 2022.
- Organizations may apply for only one grant from The Affinity Legacy Grant Program.
- Note that an LOI that results in your organization being invited to submit a full application for funding does not guarantee that you will receive a grant from the Affinity Legacy Grant Program.
Applying for a grant
Take this first step.
If you are an eligible organization, you must submit:
- a letter of intent (LOI), providing preliminary information about your organization, the objectives of the program/project to be funded and the target population, as well as the timeline for implementation.
Organizations whose LOI is approved will be invited to submit a full application.
Decision making timeline
Letters of intent received by the April 15, 2022, deadline will be reviewed, and decisions will be communicated on June 15, 2022.
Organizations that are invited to submit a full application will be required to provide the following documents with their application:
- A copy of 501 (c)3 IRS letter
- Documentation of good standing with the State of New York
- Income and expense statement for the project (if applicable)
- Income and expense statement for the organization
- Current sources of funding
- Copy of most recent audited financial statements or other evidence of financial stability.
To submit a Letter of Intent, please click on the link below. You will be taken to an online portal, where you can register your organization and complete the LOI. We look forward to hearing from you!